- YouTube for Teachers Content screened for schools and by subject.
- YouTube creating tools YouTube has some nice partner tools to use for creation.
- YouTube Editor I bet you did not know YouTube has it's own editor?
- Create your own YouTube Channel, and subscribe to some amazing channels like Minute Physics or maybe Bad Astronomy.
- Google has some nice curriculum: Understanding YouTube & Digital Citizenship
- Jim Still's site is an amazing treasure trove for YouTube and YouTube resources. He also has a section on Editing and Creating YouTube videos.
YouTube Downloader apps.
My favorite app, is actually an entire suite of great apps that includes a lot of nice tools along with a YouTube downloader. This app is from DVDVideoSoft. You can download the entire free suite from here. Since it is free, make sure during the install you make sure you do not install their browser tool bars. I can not blame them for wanting to garnish a little extra revenue for creating such a great product, but personally I hate most browser tool bars, so here is your fair warning. There are many other video downloading tools, and TechRepublic has a nice article with five more YouTube down loader apps.
Some other great video sites:
- If you have not visited the TED site, or used the TED app on your tablet, you are missing out. You also need to checkout the new TED Ed site. Here is a great video describing the TED Ed site.
- The PBS teachers site has some great video resources including NOVA and so much more.
- Our own NET (Nebraska Educational Television) has a nice site as well.
- TeacherTube and SchoolTube receive good reviews for their educational uses in schools.
- 47 alternatives to YouTube, by Richard Byrne. (His blog is awesome!)
- Create a story to teach students how to search. Here is the simple tool for doing it. Some interesting ones here: http://www.youtube.com/
- MIT Video - More Than 10,000 Educational Videos
There are so many great video resources on the web, it's really hard to write a short blog article listing some of the best, but hopefully this help!