Google+ just released! Our early Thanksgiving present to EDU.Google+ is now open for K-12 Google Apps. We have enabled it for all teachers here at Norris. (We can enable it for students if staff have a need for their students to use this service, but that will come at a later date for our Norris Google Apps.) I just put together a quick overview in this blog article: http://goo.gl/Vsn7b We will be putting together a few inservices for this in the next several weeks, so watch your emails!
Some great websites and tools for education.
- Free Technology for Teachers: 7 Resources for Developing Typing Skills
- Z-Type - A Fun Typing Game
- Free Technology for Teachers Two Tools for Reading ePub Files in Your Browser
- Apple - iTunes U - Learn anything, anywhere, anytime.
- Google Takes You On A Tour Of 100000 Stars - Home Page Nice short article about the experiment
- Read & Write - An Accessibility App for Google Docs http://ow.ly/fpQVZ
IOS apps anyone? Some more great apps for your IOS (iphone/iPad) devices.
If you have not seen the Nearpod app, now is the time! Check out this nice article: How The Nearpod iPad App Changed An Entire School
Some Android tools for your Android Phones or Tablets:
For the more advanced Google users .... here is a script to manage student projects in Google Docs. Doctopus. youpd.org/doctopus
A couple amazing web 2.0 tools you have to check out!!!
I may think I may of saved the best for last in this posting, these are amazing!!!!
- Remix web content - video, maps, links, text, etc. using PopcornMaker: popcorn.
webmaker.org Check out the TED video to watch it work
interactive,teacher,tools from Illuminations by the National Council of Teachers of Mathematics -- Check it out!!! (Does not work from an iPad)